The Child Within (meditation)

     Many religions focus on awakening your inner-child and I have found a way to do this through my Pagan ancestors who call us to the divine path. We all have ancestors who were Pagan at one time but only some of us accept their call as something relatable to our own personal lives through the power within. You may have felt a longing already to reconnect with the way you felt spiritually when you were prepubescent and more innocent. It feels like something more than just innocence; more like an incredible sense of self which you now crave to connect with or let become a part of you.


     Once you have reached adulthood, you may have noticed that we can really lose our sense of self because of the distractions in our world. We run away from who we originally were and become a product of human corruption due to the corrupt politics in this world. I want to share with you my first healthy step in my Pagan ways. This can also be read as a meditation and it may help to play music which relates to your inner-child.

     View your inner child as someone similar to you but different than who you are today; a child towards whom you can relate to and have affection. Call the ancestors, who generate energies from the great white light, to help because they belong to the true goodness of your spiritual path. 


      Call up the child within you as if they have passed into the afterlife with your ancestors and recognize that a part of the child wishes to dance to the music. Envision the child dancing to life in worship of the Divine while your ancestors and you watch on with joy. When the child seems fully alive with enthusiasm, watch as he/she takes a glance at you and runs to you like a child running to their long lost mother/father. 


     As the child hugs you with joy, kiss him/her and tell him/her how sorry you are for neglecting them. Cry together if you must and feel the goodness of this moment with every breath that you take while your ancestors surround you in a heart shape. Feel more love for your inner child filling your lungs as if a healing wind runs through you. Let all of your cries out as you prepare to take the child with you. 


     Share many memories with the child and share with him/her your new interests as an adult. This can also be a moment of cleansing in your life as the child you know may not be happy with some of the things you do today. Take away anything which may seem negative or harmful to the child and you may also regain some innocence.  You may also choose to live up to the child’s expectations of you, and if you have already broken them you can make some changes to better yourself in the child’s innocence. 


     The child will help you with clearer perspectives in life, unlocking the truths of what made or broke you into who you are today. Try your best not to lose the child again and keep them close while protecting them. Bring the child with you on your spiritual path so that you will always remember who you are meant to be.


     Once I had awoken my inner child and felt the calling to embrace my Wiccan ways, I received a gift from my father and stepmother during the Yule season. It was a music box with a compass on the top and there was an engraving which said ‘To my son, forge your own path”.

     I hadn’t told him of my spiritual awakening at that time and after I wound the key to hear which melody it played, I recognized the tune from somewhere. However I couldn’t remember where it was from. It was a short tune called “Dreamer”.

     I was dating a young Chinese man at the time and we went on a date to see the nineteen-ninety-nine version of “Batman” at a movie theatre that was playing the classic film that evening. I had never seen it in the theater and it was one of my favorites as a child. There was a scene when “The Joker” went to “Vicky Gale’s” apartment and suddenly some background music started to play. It was the same tune from my music box. I smiled as I realized the significance of the song and “forging my own path”. I went to the movie to please my inner-child and realized that these series of events meant that I was on the right path because it was simply my own path from which I had drifted. Wicca, although not for everyone, began bringing out my most sincere qualities and every day since has been such a blessing. I feel a calling and nothing else in my life has brought out my truest form of self and spirituality.




Sources:

Becoming the Devil They Fear: A Gay Book of Shadows
By Ryan Willey
ORDER HERE!

Dance in the Mirror
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEkg1EsegeQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Exorcist (1973) Review

The Exorcist (1971) Novel Review

Are You Afraid of the Dark? "The Tale of the Lonely Ghost" (1992) Review